Senior Research Analyst
Senior Research Analyst
Department: Office of Institutional Research
Location: Wellesley Hills
MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical workforce demands of communities and to contribute to region’s economic development.
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our community.
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college, offering associate degrees and certificate programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and Ashland, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have a desire and ability to work with a diverse population.
MassBay Community College seeks a Senior Research Analyst with strong skills in data analysis and presentation to join the Office of Institutional Research. The Senior Research Analyst will support the College’s efforts in reporting data to internal stakeholders and external organizations.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Create dashboards and other data visualizations using Tableau for use by senior administrators to interact with data on key indicators;
· Retrieve institutional data from local database for statistical analysis;
· Prepare, review, and submit reports to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) and the Higher Education Information Resource System (HEIRS);
· Conduct surveys of students, faculty/staff, and alumni;
· Conduct analyses and prepare written reports for dissemination to faculty and staff;
· Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data;
· Prepare presentations for campus and external community members;
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
· Master’s degree in Social/Behavioral Science, Education, Statistics or other related field or a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience working in the field of Institutional Research;
· 2 to 4 years of experience in a research environment analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
· Knowledge of research and assessment principles in higher education;
· Experience with both qualitative and quantitative methods of data analysis;
· Ability to synthesize, summarize, interpret, and report data;
· Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of applications, especially Excel;
· Experience with Tableau;
· Experience with web-based survey design;
· Genuine enthusiasm for working with data;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and to be flexible as priorities change;
· Attention to detail.
· Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
· Experience working in a diverse environment;
· Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students
· Experience in Institutional Research at a community college;
- Experience writing queries to extract data from databases;
Salary Range: $57,000.00 - 63,000.00 Annual Salary
Classification Type: Regular Employee
Deadline: December 31, 2020, or thereafter until filled.
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wellesley