Adjunct Clinical Faculty - Associate Degree Nursing
Adjunct Clinical Faculty - Associate Degree Nursing
Department: Nursing ADN
MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical workforce demands of communities and to contribute to region’s economic development.
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our community.
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college, offering associate degrees and certificate programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and Ashland, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have a desire and ability to work with a diverse population.
MassBay Community College seeks qualified part time instructors for the current and future semesters in the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
Faculty responsibilities include supervising students in the clinical setting; guidance in the completion of assignments such as daily clinical worksheets, concept maps, and care plans; medication card system, and conducting student evaluations. Adjunct faculty are expected to deliver course materials in a learner-centered environment conductive to engaging students in the learning process. The faculty member in this position communicates consistently and effectively with students, faculty and administrators, and responds to communications within a 24 hour period of time. The faculty is responsible for managing this course through timely grading of assignments, providing substantial student feedback with assignments, and submission of clinical evaluations, attendance and grades.
Available Courses: Spring 2021
NU-161 Concepts in Nursing Care I Practicum Tuesday/Thursday 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrates knowledge of subject matter and an awareness of new developments in the field in order to update the approach to teaching or content;
- Facilitates pre- and post-conference for assigned students;
- Integrates didactic content into the clinical assignment for the student(s);
- Achieves consistently effective teaching performance as evidenced by student evaluations/comments/letters and achievement of student learning outcomes;
- Recognizes and addresses different learning styles in collaboration with course faculty;
- Communicates with course faculty on a regular basis to track student progress or to develop performance improvement plan to support student learning;
- In collaboration with course faculty, develops individualized interventions for students having difficulty to support student remediation in the clinical setting;
- Responsible for conducting the mid-semester and final clinical evaluations.;
- Provides feedback to Director of Nursing and clinical placement coordinator on the appropriateness of health care agency regarding teaching/learning environment for students;
- Provides feedback to course faculty on student preparedness regarding curriculum;
- Possesses a working knowledge of the MBCC ADN modified concept-based curriculum and the level of the participating students;
- Attends course-specific orientation on campus or virtually with Director of Nursing and course faculty;
- Participates in clinical faculty mentoring as identified by Director of Nursing and course faculty;
- Other duties as assigned and in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Experience teaching modified concept-based curriculum;
- Teaching in a Community College environment.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
- Experience working in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students.
Education: Master of Science Degree in Nursing preferred, or eligibility for waiver in accordance with 244 CMR 6.04(2)(b) https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2016/07/vv/244cmr604-2b.pdf
Source of Funding: Pending State Appropriation Funding
Deadline: December 16, 2020 or after that until filled.
Salary Range: $62.97 - 71.81 Hourly Wage
Classification Type: Adjunct Faculty
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham
- Dentistry Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham
- Nursing Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham
- Other Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham