Post-Doc-Pharmacology and Therapeutics-Dr. Casadesus Laboratory (67465)
Post-doctoral position open in the Pharmacology and Therapeutics department at the University of Florida College of Medicine. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. Neurosciences, cellular/molecular biology, genetics, pharmacology, endocrinology or related field. This is an extramurally funded position to investigate the mechanisms that underlay the impact of endocrine signals on brain health. Particularly, how age- and/or lifestyle-related dysregulation in reproductive or metabolic hormones trigger pathogenic mechanisms that lead to functional loss and neurodegenerative disease ( www.casadesuslab.com ). The candidate will integrate into a vibrant laboratory that incorporates a broad range of techniques including, behavioral phenotyping, in vivo and in vitro gene-editing, and systems neuroscience approaches (transcriptomics) to answer the above questions.
- Applicants for this position should have documented experience in at least two of the areas listed below:
- Gene manipulation/editing (i.e. shRNA/siRNA preps, viral vector delivery of genetic materials and/or CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing).
- Cell culture/primary culture
- General biochemical techniques immunolabeling, western blot, PCR, ELISAs etc.
- Microscopy (confocal)/analysis
- Please contact the PI for more information at the email below
or apply for the position at: https://facultyjobs.hr.ufl.edu/posting/81615
Gemma Casadesus Smith, PhD
University of Florida
- Experience with in vivo techniques involving rodent models
Application must include a CV, research description with short-term and long-term goals, and at least two letters of recommendation from immediate supervisors.
The final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Medicine Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Other Health & Medicine Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville