Events Coordinator - CREATING POOL OF APPLICANTS FOR ANTICIPATED OPENINGS
Employees in positions allocated to this series work in all phases of planning, implementing, and coordinating the events operations. Responsibilities include managing building and event security operations, developing and coordinating safety and risk management initiatives, and event operations (ticket sales, parking control, crowd control, and concession operations) at a variety of event venues.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Employees at this level coordinate the events operations pertaining to ticket sales, parking, crowd control, concession operations, and events operations. Additional responsibilities include ensuring facility and staff preparedness at the events.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. High School graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling two (2) years (24 months) from the following categories:
a) Professional work experience in event coordination.
b) College course work in any discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
· 60 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
· 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
1. Knowledge of arena entertainment management or athletic management.
2. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
3. Skill in coordinating assignments and schedules within a large University environment.
4. Skill in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
5. Skill in material resources management through obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
6. Ability to work collaboratively and building strategic relations with colleagues, coworkers, constituents and volunteers.
7. Ability to effectively plan, delegate, and supervise the work of others.
8. Ability to interact/communicate in a positive matter with a diverse clientele.
9. Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
10. Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions.
Commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to eligible applicants
Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
- The university will be closed for winter break from December 23 – January 4. We will continue to accept online applications during that time, however, your application will not be reviewed during that time. If you meet the minimum required qualifications, scheduling of testing will resume mid-January
- This posting is a POOL posting, created to build a referral register for future opportunities.
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience.
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial transcripts.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from firstname.lastname@example.org and CivilServiceTesting@niu.edu. Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your online profile be personal use, not professional/work information: personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information you provide is used to make contact on search updates, department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay sensitive and important information in a way that protects your privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- The Civil Service examination for this classification is a Credentials Assessment, and is based on your application materials as submitted for this posting. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register.
- Click Events Coordinator for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
- Please click Human Resource Services – Benefits for detailed information about Northern Illinois University’s benefits package.
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
- The Events Coordinator classification is part of the AFSCME Local 1890 union. Information regarding the Collective Bargaining Agreement can be found at Clerical 1890 union
Link to Department Homepage
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
Is Background Check Required
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form . For further assistance, please contact the office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Education ( AAEOE ) at email@example.com .
Clery Act Information
NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * If applicable, have you attached a copy of your DD214, DD215,
NGB22, or DD256 for consideration of Veterans Preference Points?
The copy submitted should reflect the status of discharge in order
to be considered.
- Not Applicable
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts (unofficial with official required at hire)
- Military Discharge Documents ONLY (DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256)
- Transcripts #2 (unofficial with official required at hire)
- Transcripts #3 (unofficial with official required at hire)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb