Interventional Physical Therapist
Job Code/Title 82694 - H - Sr Research Analyst 1 Position Number HU1206 Working Title Interventional Physical Therapist Department Physical Therapy Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $50-$58/Hour Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20 Hours/Week Normal work days M-F Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Motor Development Lab is looking to hire a physical therapist with expertise in the
NICU and early infancy to work about 5-28 hours per week. The PT will provide intervention for infants in a research study so there will not be a set schedule. Flexibility in the schedule is likely to be requested to accommodate.
Responsibilities will include working with Dr. Shall, Post-docs, PhD Student and undergraduate students. Visits will be conducted in the hospital, clinic, and home environment.
Over view of the lab:
The mission of the Motor Development Lab is to investigate the development of motor control and coordination in infants and young children with and without disabilities, as well as the impact of physical therapy interventions on motor development. We strive to advance the science underlying early detection of motor control deficits and develop effective intervention strategies to reduce the impact of motor disabilities and promote global development.
The Motor Development Laboratory works toward this mission through scientifically rigorous studies and collaborative development of research questions.
Lab members are expected to:
1) Maintain open dialog with the lab director through regularly scheduled meetings and impromptu discussions
2) Collaborate and support the development of all lab members
3) Follow laboratory policies for data storage and equipment maintenance
4) Strive toward excellence in research design, data collection, data processing and publication
5) Contribute to the overall mission of the lab
6) Take responsibility for tasks which are assigned to you and seek help if needed to ensure the task is completed
7) Respect others work
8) Maintain subjects confidentiality
1) License as a PT in VA
2) Must have infant experience
3) Must be able to drive and have a car to do home visits
4) Flexible schedule
5) Ability to work in a diverse environment required
1) Prefer NICU experience
2) Prefer board certification in pediatrics
3) Independent worker and problem solver, to seek out assistance when needed, and detail oriented
4) Research experience is preferred
Job Open Date 12/03/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102064 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Pediatrics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond