Associate Professor / Assistant Professor (Artificial intelligence / Cyber Security / Electronic & C
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, The Open University of Hong Kong today is the largest self-financing university in Hong Kong and has developed into a dynamic, innovative, full-fledged university comprising 6 Schools.
The University has been offering full-time programmes since 2001 and joined the Joint University Programmes Admission System (JUPAS) since 2007. Currently, the University offers about 200 programmes of studies with around 10,000 full-time undergraduates and 1,000 postgraduates, and more than 8,000 part-time students in its 5 Schools namely School of Arts and Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, School of Education and Languages, School of Nursing and Health Studies and School of Science and Technology. In addition, there are more than 2,000 full-time and 2,000 part-time students studying in Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE).
The University strives to provide high quality and flexible university education at various levels, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong. We are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
We are now inviting application(s) for the following posts in the School of Science & Technology:
Associate Professor / Assistant Professor (Artificial intelligence / Cyber Security / Electronic & Computer Engineering) (Ref.: 20003XI)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- Undertaking course planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom teaching), and where necessary, programme administration in related disciplines at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Undertaking / engaging in academic research and academic-industrial collaboration;
- Engaging in scholarly and student development activities; and
- Participating in School / University activities and administration.
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- An earned doctorate in Information Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline;
- Relevant teaching experience in the areas of Deep Learning, Data Mining and Cloud Computing; or in the areas of Network Security, Digital Forensics and Blockchain; or in the areas of Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering, and Computer Science;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction;
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication, and team working skills;
- A record of research and peer-reviewed publications, involvement in professional and community activities; and
- A record of research funding will be an advantage.
Candidates with less experience may be considered at the level of Assistant Professor.
Please indicate in your CV for the position(s) that you wish to be considered.
Competitive compensation package including basic salary, composite cash allowance, end-of-contract gratuity and discretionary incentive (if any) will be offered to the right candidate. Fringe benefits such as generous annual leave, staff learning and development sponsorship, medical & dental benefits and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System.
Deadline: 20 December 2020