Facilities Generalist Technician
University of Idaho
Facilities Generalist Technician
Division/College: Facilities Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $13.39 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Facilities Building Trades and Maintenance Director will have general oversight of this position and provide assignments either directly or through authorized staff. The job duties of this position will vary widely depending on the work/projects assigned on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. These duties will be performed from the following trade groups under Facilities: Building Services, Building Trades, Landscaping and Exterior Services, and Utilities & Engineering Services.
This is an essential position which may be called upon to work in the event of emergencies and/or University Closure.
- The duties of this position require the successful candidate to be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience in the areas of custodial, landscape, construction, and/or utilities trades as a laborer assistant.
- Experience working at various heights from aerial lifts, roof tops, and ladders.
- Experience working under conditions where flexibility and adaptability have been required in order to take on ever changing jobs and tasks as needed.
- Must be willing and able to be contacted available outside of normal business hours for an event, on-call, or emergency work.
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Knowledge of: hardscape construction, repair and maintenance.
- Some trades experience in any category such as: Carpentry, Landscape, Roofing, Plumbing, Metal Work, HVAC, Electrical, Utilities, Parking, etc.
- Experience operating equipment normally found in any of the above mentioned categories.
- Direct practical experience as a laborer, even if not related to any of the above categories.
- Complete safety and compliance training and perform work in a manner that complies with UI safety policies and procedures. Avoid activity that create a serious hazard to themselves or others.
- Experience successfully listening to and following directions.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to work Monday through Friday
- 40 hours per week 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
- For Snow Removal Duties: Call Out Hours are from 4:00 AM to 12:00 PM during any given snow event at the University of Idaho.
- Physical Ability to: bend, stoop, lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing up to 50 pounds on a routine basis; walk and/or stand for several hours at a time.
- Working outside in all seasons and under various weather conditions including rain and snow.
Posting Number: SP002650P
Posting Date: 11/18/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by December 16, 2020 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.