Director of Financial Aid
Job Posting Location:
Job Posting Title:
Director Financial Aid
Job Description:Director, Financial Aid ABOUT POMONA COLLEGE: Located near Los Angeles, California, Pomona College is widely regarded as one of the nation's premier liberal arts colleges. Established in 1887, Pomona College is known for small classes, a challenging curriculum, close relationships between students and faculty, and a range of student research and leadership opportunities. Pomona is a member of The Claremont Colleges. POSITION SUMMARY The Director, Financial Aid oversees the comprehensive need-blind financial aid program for Pomona College. The Director develops policies to increase affordability and access to students, manages operations, and manages case files of approximately 200 students. This position is responsible for the direction and executive oversight of 5 employees and all of the activities and services provided by them in the Financial Aid office. Reporting directly to the Vice President and Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid, the Director, Financial Aid performs the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the comprehensive need-blind financial aid program for Pomona College.
- Provide clear direction and oversight of all department activities in order to develop and achieve annual goals, including budgeting, planning and staff development. Responsible for monitoring and evaluating direct reports, and overall staff performance and daily assignments. Maintain an efficient, collegial, and proactive work environment within the Financial Aid office and collaborating departments.
- Develop and implement a student and family-centered customer service model that is timely, educational, transparent, and is grounded in solving problems.
- Manage a case file load of approximately 200 prospective students to determine eligibility.
- Work collegially with Financial Aid Officers within The Claremont Colleges.
- Represent the College to external agencies and groups to maintain regional and national visibility.
- Provide data and reports for research conducted by the Office of Institutional Research and external agencies such as COFHE, NCAA, etc.