Computer Information Systems (CIS) Instructor
The Computer Information Systems (CIS) Instructor is responsible to the Division Dean of Business & Industrial Technology for the delivery of quality instruction and management of students enrolled in college CIS courses. Responsibilities occur in the areas of instructional development, teaching performance, student advisement, professional development, college and/or community service, and instructional management.
Duties and Responsibilities
v INSTRUCTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Work with members of the program advisory committee participating in planning for new and existing programs and courses.
- Assist in the development of CIS curricula for students in Business programs.
- Evaluate courses in the CIS curriculum.
v TEACHING PERFORMANCE
- Teach courses as assigned and in accordance with the established syllabi.
- Provide high quality instruction for students in the business program using varied instructional delivery techniques.
- Evaluate the accomplishments of students on a regular basis.
- Follow guidelines of the Faculty Performance Management System procedure.
v STUDENT ADVISEMENT
- Advise and maintain records of assigned student advisees in accordance with division policies and procedures.
- Provide effective academic advisement for students enrolled in the Business program by using the services of staff specialists and coordinators.
- Maintain office hours as required and needed by students, faculty, and advisees.
v PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Represent the division and college by participating in community and professional activities.
- Participate in professional continuing education opportunities.
- Maintain a current awareness of educational innovations and trends appropriate to business education.
v COLLEGE AND/OR COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Actively participate in activities to select, recruit, admit, and retain students.
- Actively serve on college committees.
v INSTRUCTIONAL MANAGEMENT
- Prepare reports in cooperation with division dean for input into the planning/reporting system.
- Insure communication of policies, procedures, and campus information to all students.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Beaufort
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Beaufort
- Instructional Technology & Design Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Beaufort
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Beaufort
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Beaufort