Assistant Professor, Textiles, Fashion Merchandising and Design
The Department of Textiles, Fashion Merchandising and Design in the College of Business at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for an Assistant Professor (tenure track) position in Textile Science. Appointment: Fall 2021. Position is full time, tenure-track, academic year, permanent.
- Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses in areas related to Textile Science, Color Science, Textile Performance, Dyeing and Finishing of Textiles, and Detergency.
- Develop a program of scholarly activity and publish in area of expertise that coordinates with the department, college, and university goals.
- Maintain the department’s textile lab for teaching and research.
- Advise undergraduates and graduate students; supervise internships and independent studies. Mentor graduate students and supervise graduate theses.
- Seek outside funding for research and develop ties with textile/fashion business/industry.
- Participate in University service and related professional activities.
- Collaborate on and support URI initiatives in smart textiles, ocean plastics pollution, and matters ecological related to textiles and textile production.
- Collaborate on and support instruction and projects in textile conservation within the TMD department.
- Liaise with industry, both local and national, and field relevant inquiries from local media and the public.
Visit the URI jobs website at https://jobs.uri.edu to apply and view complete details for posting (F00215).
Please attach only the 4 PDF documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter addressing the qualifications for the position
including teaching philosophy and research interests (as one
complete pdf doc), (#2) Curriculum vitae, which should also
include the names and contact information of three professional
references (as one complete pdf doc),
(#3) “Other Document” – One-page description of your vision for enhancing the effectiveness of a textile science program for undergraduate and graduate students as it relates to the current global economy and/or current ecological concerns, and (#4) “Other” – Unofficial transcript.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position is filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by January 15, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by February 15, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (February 15, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY.
The University of Rhode Island is an AA/EEOD
Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities,
and members of other protected groups are encouraged to apply.