Assistant Professor of Quantitative Research Methods and Analysis, Tenure-Track, August 2021
Chapman University seeks applications for a tenure-track
Assistant Professor of Quantitative Research Methods and Analysis
in the Donna Ford Attallah College of Educational Studies starting
Chapman University is a nationally-ranked institution offering traditional undergraduate and graduate programs in the heart of Orange County, one of Southern California’s most diverse and vibrant regions. The University achieved R2 status in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, a distinction held by just 10 percent of all U.S. universities and is ranked as #124th among Best National Universities by US News and World Report (2021). Our faculty include academic leaders who excel in research, publishing and world-class teaching in our 11 schools and colleges, including Attallah College of Educational Studies. Dedicated to forward-looking, personalized education, we create an environment for unlimited achievement by both our students and faculty. More information about Chapman University is available at www.chapman.edu.
The Donna Ford Attallah College of Educational Studies, whose educator preparation programs are accredited nationally by CAEP and regionally accredited by WASC, offers undergraduate and graduate (master’s, specialist, PhD) programs in leadership, teacher education, and school counseling and school psychology. Attallah College is deeply committed to excellence in scholarship and teaching, providing students with personalized and rigorous educational experiences involving monitoring and collaborative research. More information on our programs is available at www.chapman.edu/education.
The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University is available at www.chapman.edu/diversity.
- Earned doctorate by start of employment in education, school psychology, disability studies, teacher education, special education, learning sciences, or a related field from an accredited institution is required.
- Emerging record of research and publication, and the expertise and experience to successfully teach multiple graduate level courses on quantitative research methods and analysis across one or more programs in the Attallah College of Educational Studies.
- Ability to successfully mentor masters and doctoral level students in quantitative research studies and to chair dissertation committees.
- Evidence of seeking and securing external grant funding for research.
- Expertise in multiple statistical software programs (e.g., R, SAS, STATA, Tableau, SPSS)
- Evidence of successful teaching and advising, including at the graduate level.
The successful candidate will be a highly qualified and
experienced researcher and instructor to teach and advise in the
areas of quantitative research methodology and analysis.
This is a full-time, tenure-track position that requires work to be performed in the State of California and has in-person teaching responsibilities and required on-campus availability at Chapman’s Orange campus.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Engage in a rigorous research and external grant-seeking agenda.
- Teach courses primarily related to quantitative research methods, dissertation planning, and dissertation support.
- Serve as a resource to selected master’s students with quantitative-based capstone projects.
- Advise and serve on dissertation and qualifying exam committees for students in the Ph.D. in Education Program.
- Contribute as an integral member of the Attallah College faculty in the ongoing development, implementation, and assessment of our degree programs, particularly the Ph.D. in Education Program.
Tenure track faculty are expected to develop and maintain an active research agenda for future tenure consideration and are evaluated on their research/scholarly activity, teaching, and service.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to
electronically submit a Chapman University Faculty Employment
Application, cover letter detailing qualifications related to the
position description, Curriculum Vitae, a statement of teaching
philosophy, one sample of research publications/submissions, and
contact information for three professional references to:
Dr. Kelly Kennedy, Search Committee Chair
c/o Leslie Fierro, Search Coordinator, email@example.com
Donna Ford Attallah College of Educational Studies
Please use “Quantitative Research Methods and Analysis Assistant Professor” as the email subject line. Direct inquiries to Leslie Fierro, Search Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review will begin January 4, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications. This position is contingent on final budget approval. Successful completion of a background check is required for the final candidate.
Download a copy of the Chapman Faculty Application for Employment here.
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Chapman University, One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866 Human Resources Department
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orange
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orange
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orange
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orange
- Statistics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orange