Director, Foundation Relations
The RAND Corporation is seeking a Director of Foundation Relations to help implement institution-wide strategies for major and principal gifts from private foundations. She/he reports to the Executive Director, Foundation Relations and serves as a member of the Development team. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develops and implements cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for private foundations with the capacity to significant commitments to RAND, including the Pardee RAND Graduate School.
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Foundation Relations, research management, and RAND leadership to facilitate their relationships with private foundations.
- Identifies high-end potential foundation prospects and coordinates with research and graduate school leadership to match prospects to RAND priorities.
- Collaborates with researchers to coordinate strategies and activities with multi-interest foundations.
- Personally manages a portfolio of foundations with multiple RAND interests.
- Serves as a resource and adviser for researchers in developing strategies for their work with foundations.
- Contributes to annual operating plan for foundation fundraising, and foundation relations capacity building and tracks progress against measurable targets.
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in managing complex relationships with organizational donors.
- Familiarity with grant writing and management.
- Effectiveness in collaborating and building partnership with academic colleagues.
- Experience in complex organizations with high performance standards and high expectations of development.
- Ability implement creative donor strategies
- Demonstrated effective working partnerships with academics.
- Proven track record of success in securing 6+ figure commitments from private foundations or similar (family foundations, philanthropists, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity