Director, Engineering & Energy
This position will coordinate and direct the overall energy program at the University of Maryland, College Park. This position reports directly to the Executive Director for Operations, Maintenance and Utilities (OM&U). The purpose of this role is to increase visibility of energy management, to identify opportunities for improvement, and to ensure implementation of initiatives. The Director, Engineering & Energy will provide Facilities Management (FM) wide engineering support with regard to design standards, commissioning, energy modeling, and the Utility Master Plan. In collaboration with staff from OM&U and other FM units, will improve utility systems efficiency and building systems performance. The Director will identify utility and building performance issues and develop solutions with regard to operational deficiencies. This position also manages campus-wide utility purchases, billing, and demand-side management.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering degree preferred, however degrees in other disciplines coupled with relevant experience may substitute.
EXPERIENCE: Ten (10) years of experience encompassing energy, engineering, and technical systems, as well as familiarity with budgeting and financial systems, this experience must include at least five years of supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge and experience in energy, engineering, and technical systems; ability to interact with a diverse range of constituents internal and external to the campus. Knowledge of business operations to include planning, budgeting, computer skills and personnel management techniques; ability to work with and direct a diverse work force. Strong organizational skills; strong oral and written communication skills; strong analytical skills and the ability to use a computer to process correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and database applications.
- Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred; advanced degree or
study in a related technical field is also desirable.
- Professional Engineer (PE) preferred;
- Certified Energy Manager or other relevant accreditation/certification preferred;
- Familiarity with utility infrastructure in a university and/or public enterprise setting is desired.
More searches like this
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in College Park
- Executive Directors Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in College Park
- Jobs Outside Academe Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in College Park
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in College Park