Public Safety Aides/Police Officers- Extra Help
Position Type Civil Service -Extra Help Classification Title Public Safety Aides/Police Officers- Extra Help Position's Functional Title Public Safety Aides/Police Officers- Extra Help Position Start Date 12/16/2020 Position End Date (if temporary) 05/31/2021 Position Summary
This is a posting to establish a qualified pool of temporary extra help Public Safety Aides/Police Officers to fill open slots in normal Department of Public Safety staffing rotation.
As a Public Safety Aide/Police Officer, the responsibility of patrolling to provide public assistance is the major function. This responsibility includes and requires an extreme amount of personal contact whether providing service, protection, and/or enforcement of laws and rules. Public Safety Aides/Police Officers must be competent of the duties and responsibilities required for this position. This position requires strong community policing and public relation skills. The Public Safety Aides/Police Officers must be in excellent physical shape to endure the extreme physical requirements of the position. The Public Safety Aides/Police Officers must be able to work long hours, endure extensive walking, long sitting, and be available to work on a moment’s notice. Duties will include walking, standing and driving, in extreme hot and cold temperatures.
-Must be a resident of the State of Illinois.
-Must be a High School Graduate or equivalent.
-At least 21 years of age.
-Must have obtained the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards. Board police officer certification.
-Must have a valid driver’s license
-Must possess F.O.I.D. card.
Preferred Qualifications Posting Date 12/02/2020 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number CS0481P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5684 Employee ID Department Placeholder Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a temporary assignment which will end when funding or hours is exhausted. Employees in this position performs a variety of duties as assigned by their supervisor and outlined above. Pay rate is $19.06 per hour
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- * Are you a High school graduate or equivalent?
- * Are you at least 21 years old?
- * Have you obtained the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and
Standards Board police officer certification?
- * Do you have a valid Driver's License?
- * Do you possess an F.O.I.D. card?
- * When are you available to work? Please specify Days,
Afternoons, Evenings and/or Weekends.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Certification/Professional License
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Security Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest