Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs will be the Chief Academic Officer, provide strategic leadership, oversee the daily operations and administration of student services and academic programs. This position is responsible for enrollment, governance of policies, budget, data management and analysis, and assisting in the design and development of new programs. The VPASA, in collaboration with the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, ensures accreditation standards are met; and facilitates academic standards, polices, and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- A terminal degree in a discipline offered by the College or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of administrative experience in Academic affairs and student affairs.
- Experience with professional and regional accrediting organizations.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience developing and implementing new academic programs that result in sustainable enrollment growth.
- Understanding of academic advising and other support strategies as they relate to the overall success and retention of community college students.
- Keen knowledge, understanding, and insight into adult learners, including ways to develop and implement strategies that reduce equity gaps, and increase success measures for women and students of color specifically.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student and employee populations, and demonstrated ability to utilize proactive performance evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, administration, and governing boards.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and policies to students, staff, professional colleagues, governing boards, and the general public.
- Strong communication skills and staff management experience.
- Communication - Able to respond and exchange ideas clearly and effectively through writing, speaking, and presentations; shares appropriate information to keep people informed; is seen as approachable.
- Teamwork - Values the opinions of others; assists others when needed; participates effectively as member of a team; balances personal contributions and needs with those of other members of the team to achieve common objectives.
- Problem Solving - Analyzes problems to identify probable cause; thinks of new possibilities; identifies critical issues and develops options for addressing them; able to incorporate other viewpoints as part of the process of developing solutions.
Directly supervises the Dean of Nursing, Dean of Health Sciences, Chair of Division of Arts and Sciences, Director of Library Services, Registrar, Retention Coordinator and Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs and Instructional Designer. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with contractual policies and applicable federal and state laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Milton
- Academic Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Milton
- Academic Administration Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Milton
- Accreditation Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Milton
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Milton