Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$90,000 - $144,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Provides guidance and leadership in the delivery of services based on functional area of focus ensuring that
organizational initiatives are met. Responsible for the continuous monitoring of federal and state grant financial and
operational activities to ensure compliance with applicable UMB Circulars, grant provisions, college policies, local,
state, and federal requirements as well as program policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures that affect constituents and/or employees, applying them fairly and consistently; ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations; and applies best practices that are in direct support of the overall vision, mission and goals of the organization.
• Ability to independently coordinate, manage and complete assigned duties and projects in a timely manner.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in the risk management process.
• Ability to analyze problem situations, identify feasible solutions, and present recommendations in a concise, logical, and systematic manner. Knowledge of internal controls and the ability to analyze and apply.
• Ability to adapt to change and learn and integrate specialized and/or upgraded software packages utilized by the college.
• Ability to partner with others across the College and externally to exchange information, collaborate on projects, share resources, etc.
• Proven success in following through and completing projects.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment routinely and independently in making decisions.
• Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, generate reports, prepare spreadsheets/reports, and inter-office communications.
• Ability to clarify and communicate performance expectations, objectives, and roles, effectively transmitting ideas, instructions, and information through clear, concise written and verbal communication.
• Uses sound judgement to make decisions that are based on thorough analysis of issues
• Ability to gather, compile, and analyze data/information and prepare reports as requested. Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple assignments and projects, create detailed actions plans, as well as the ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines, and directions.
• Ability to act as a liaison between the campus locations and external groups to refine, advance, and promote the support services for the specific grant program.
• Ability to provide technical advice and information to faculty and staff in area of expertise.
• Experience in interpreting complex regulations and requirement.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to support interaction with individuals from varying backgrounds.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituents in a diverse, multicultural college community.
• Exhibits excellent customer service
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s preferred) in related field
• At least five (5) years’ experience in compliance, grant management and/or coordinating grant programs.
• Must have valid driver’s license if traveling to off-site locations.
• Official transcripts, license and certification are required.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide general post-award management and compliance support in response to inquiries and grant-related functions.
• Process original budget packages as well as budget revisions for submission for board review and set-up
• Schedule and coordinate orientation and post-award training of new grant managers
• Grant-funded purchasing/fiscal overview and provide guidance on Colleague screen functions for new grant personnel
• Work with IT and grant manager leadership to set-up grant Colleague screens for new grant personnel
• Set-up and continuously update new grant folders with documents, regulations, etc. in Sponsored Programs shared drives.
• Develop and update Sustainability/Institutionalization Plans/Commitments Recordkeeping.
• Develop Monthly Active Grants Post-Award Performance Reporting.
• Coordinate of Quarterly Reporting Process (Requests, Review, Dissemination for review, coordination of follow-up meeting if necessary, and follow-up summary)
• Conduct initial training/audit for Grant Equipment/Inventory for each program every two years and maintain copy of project inventory records for the institution.
• Attend meetings, webinars and conferences as needed to develop an understanding of the specific grant and business processes involved in managing grant compliance and to stay abreast of funding agency compliance and changes.
• Examine the activities and proposals of each grant to determine if proper internal controls are in place to manage the day to day operations of the grant. Work with Grant Accountants and Grant Program Manager/stakeholders to identify problems and issues as required.
• Review grant compliance operations and provide recommendations to grant managers and staff for process improvements. Provide support to Internal Auditors by performing audit testing to detect any financial misstatements.
• Perform risk assessments on grant activities and use this information to add or omit processes in internal audits. Collect, compile, and analyze data to evaluate the Federal Agency’s regulations and prepare compliance and progress reports.
• Ensure that required reports are being submitted to the appropriate funding agencies on a timely basis as required by the grants.
• Support others by explaining the college’s policies and uniform grants rules and regulations when evaluating the internal controls of the grant programs.
• Present pertinent information and responses to request from management, program directors, program staff, internal auditors, and grant accountants.
• Develop content and train others in grant management and compliance.
• Cultivate alliances across internal and external boundaries in order to build and maintain strong working relationships. Acts as a trusted advisor, inspires confidence, and models integrity in decisions, communication, and treatment of all individuals internal/external to the college community.
• Cultivate a working environment of learning, valuing, encouraging, and supporting differences to achieve the College’s strategic plan.
• Create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity. Enables employees and/or students to grow and succeed through positive feedback and instruction.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 02 Dec 2020 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 16 Dec 2020 11:55 PM Central Standard Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas