Job Code/Title 81191 - H - Administrative Assistant GA 1 Position Number HU1205 Working Title Hourly Assistant Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $15 per hour Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20-25 Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Program Coordinator with complex calendar management during the its interview season as well as assist with additional administrative support activities in the School of Medicine, Office of Admissions.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist Program Coordinator with scheduling and confirming interview dates for an average of 4 mini interviews sessions weekly
• Communicate with applicants and interviewers by phone and email with pertinent interview day details
• Assist Program Coordinator with the confirmation and monitoring of Guaranteed Medical program interviews
• Monitor the submission of interviewer notes and communicate any issues preventing timely completion and/or accuracy to Program Coordinator promptly
• Collaborates on special projects/assignments as needed
• Be proficient with technology, specifically with the Zoom Meeting platform.
• Be proficient using Microsoft Office products, in particular Microsoft Work, Excel and Outlook (email).
• Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Have the ability to work varied hours per day, not to exceed 25 hrs/week
• 1 year of demonstrated excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills
• 1 year of complex calendar management skills
Job Open Date 12/03/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Temporary position through March 31st,2021
Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102049 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Medicine Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond