Senior Manager, Communications
Reports To: Vice President, External
Location: Downtown Denver, Colorado (Remote option available for the right candidate)
At the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE), we champion effective financial education. A nonprofit foundation, NEFE is the independent, centralizing voice providing leadership, research, and collaboration to advance financial well-being. We do this by mobilizing and inspiring educators, researchers and advocates nationwide to maximize the impact of financial education. We work hard to remove barriers, amplify outcomes, and elevate effective models through leadership, research and collaboration. We believe this is important because everyone deserves the opportunity to live their best financial life and that equitable and effective financial education makes it easier for everyone to navigate the financial system, creating a more just society.ABOUT YOU
You are a talented writer, editor and communicator who is mission-driven and biased toward social justice. You are energized when you can use your professional skills to communicate insights that lead to impact. You are equally at ease interpreting data, drafting social media content, creating discussion summaries that guide the field or polishing slide decks to ensure consistency in messaging, voice and brand. Most importantly, you work collaboratively and creatively with others to frame narratives and tell stories that can advance positive change.WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO THIS JOB:
- Effectively and efficiently write and edit branded communications including ads, emails, landing pages, video scripts, in-house communication, social media, company website and more;
- Drive engagement through captivating storytelling and micro-copy;
- Collaborate with designers, content developers and other digital marketers to create campaigns;
- Digest and accurately interpret direction from NEFE leadership and other stakeholders to ensure projects meet creative strategy/project objectives;
- Determine project requirements/scope, proactively raise issues that may impact quality or timing of deliverables, offer solutions when challenges arise;
- Analyze and interpret data from primary and secondary research, synthesize key points, and turn them into relevant, compelling stories, narratives, presentations, and creative ideas;
- Develop an understanding of audience needs (e.g., researchers, academics, policymakers, field practitioners, etc.) and target copy to appropriately reach them;
- Assist in marketing plan and communications strategy development and in disseminating deliverables as needed;
- Edit work from others and coach them improve their own abilities by performing proofing/editing on all copy and paying strict attention to details, voice and AP style;
- Develop knowledge and fluency in the personal finance and education areas of focus; and
- Oversee consultants and vendors hired to augment internal capacity while balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- 5+ years' experience copywriting and editing, preferably within an institute, financial sector, healthcare agency, higher education or other relevant role;
- Ability to deliver quality work with short turnaround timelines, matching a digital environment and speed;
- Experience with brand voice including being adaptable with and providing coherence across channels;
- Strong storytelling abilities evidenced through work across multiple audiences and channels;
- Previous experience with digital content and campaigns will be a big plus;
- Creative problem solver and quick thinker;
- Excellent time management skills, adheres strictly to deadlines;
- Superb grammar skills and proficient in AP style;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in advertising/marketing, communications, journalism, writing, English or related field;
- Ability to combine conceptual creative thinking with exceptional content delivery;
- experience overseeing the work of others and leading teams (both employees and freelancers); and
- A driving passion to make positive change in the world.
Physical demands of this position are aligned with that of general office-based work, such as: regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work. Light to moderate lifting is required (e.g., 20lb box of papers).TRAVEL REQUIRED
Up to 5% annuallyCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This base salary range for this position is between $65,500 and $73,000 and commensurable with experience, with an additional annual bonus potential based on performance. NEFE offers a generous employee benefits program that includes: vacation, sick and holiday leave; health, dental and vision insurance; EcoPass; professional development; contribution to defined contribution retirement plan; and a host of additional benefits.APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please email your resume and cover letter and any supporting writing samples or digital assets to email@example.com with "Senior Manager, Communications" in the subject line. No phone calls. Application materials must be received by 5:00 pm MDT on Tuesday, December 22, 2020.
NEFE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.