C21-030 Equity and Inclusion Associate
Equity and Inclusion Associate
Office of Equity and Inclusion
Central Connecticut State University invites applications for a
full-time, Equity and Inclusion Associate in the Office of Equity
and Inclusion. Under the direction of the Vice President for Equity
and Inclusion, the Equity and Inclusion Associate reports to the
Senior Equity and Inclusion Officer. The Equity and Inclusion
Associate is responsible for conducting & coordinating
investigations of complaints concerning discrimination based on
protected classifications, including discrimination based on gender
under Title IX. The Associate serves as one of the University's
primary administrators for cases alleging sexual misconduct, sexual
assault, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking. The
Associate will also be responsible for approving the selection of
job applicants for hire, assisting with the preparation and filing
of the University's annual Affirmative Action Plan. Some evening
and weekend hours will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Five years of professional experience handling workplace investigations supporting Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Title IX programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and edit complex statistical reports including the ability to use database management, spreadsheet, and statistical software, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience handling complaints in the areas of diversity and equity, human resources, or student conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A record of meeting deadlines and managing multiple tasks with exceptional follow-through skills.
- Proven commitment to serving a culturally diverse community
- Master’s degree in human service field
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Experience as an investigator of discrimination complaints
- Knowledge of FERPA and other confidentiality laws
An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
The University: Central is one of the four regional comprehensive universities in Connecticut; it is part of the 17-member Connecticut State Colleges and Universities system created in 2012. Excellent professors and a wide array of academic programs prepare students for success in whatever field they choose. Central serves 10,652 diverse students, 8593 undergraduates and 2059 graduates. They are taught and mentored by 428 full-time and 472 part-time faculty. CCSU is richly diverse: more than 35 percent of students are of traditional minority heritage. Visit our website at http://www.ccsu.edu/.
The Community: Located nine miles southwest of Hartford, New Britain is a city of some 70,000. Part of the Greater Hartford area of 1.2 million residents, New Britain is centrally located in the state and is within easy reach of much of Connecticut and several metropolitan areas in the region. New Britain’s population is characterized by a high degree of racial and ethnic diversity. Known as “Little Poland,” 17 percent of its population are of Polish background. It is the home of three Polish language newspapers and one television station, and annually hosts the Little Poland Festival. Significant portions of its population come from Puerto Rican, Italian, and Irish backgrounds. Currently, 37 percent of its population are Hispanic; 11 percent are African American; 25 percent live below the poverty line.
In addition to all that Hartford provides, New Britain is 40 minutes from Springfield, Mass., two hours from Boston, and two hours from New York City. It is also part of the Hartford-Springfield “Knowledge Corridor” and, therefore, within easy driving distance of a host of private and public institutions of higher education and many cultural opportunities.
Application and Appointment: For full
consideration, applications must be received by January 4,
To begin the application process please visit the CCSU HR Job Opportunities at https://www.ccsu.edu/hr/faculty-management-admin.html. Select the job advertisement for [C21-030] Equity and Inclusion Associate and click on the Apply button and submit the following documents:
- Letter of Interest addressing the qualifications for this position
- Current resume
- Names of three current professional references identifying relationship to applicant, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers
Salary range $62,003 to $93,005 with excellent fringe benefits including personal and sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision and prescription plans, a multi- plan retirement, retirement health care , deferred compensation, Dependent Care Assistant and Med Flex spending accounts, supplemental benefits such as long term, short term disability, tuition waiver for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Connecticut State Universities (Central, Eastern, Southern or Western).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. E-mailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted. Please ensure your Social Security Number is not listed on any documents submitted.
For more information, contact Erin Rodas at 860-832-1652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an affirmative action employer, Central Connecticut State University actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.