Assistant Professor (Mathematics)
The Department of Mathematics in the College of Science and Mathematics seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position beginning August 1, 2021. We seek applicants with a commitment to undergraduate teaching, world-class research, and service. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate’s area of expertise, maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
Valdosta State University is proud to have a highly diverse student body, and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff.
The Department of Mathematics is composed of 17 permanent faculty including 13 tenured faculty, in various research areas including pure and applied mathematics, statistics, data science, and math education. The department offers both a BA in Mathematics, BA in Math with Secondary Education Certification, and BS in Applied mathematics, as well as minors in Mathematics and Applied Statistics. We recently added an undergraduate certificate program in Data Science and are in the final approval stages to offer two new applied tracks in Mathematical Biology and Computational Mathematics. Faculty in this department routinely mentor undergraduate research. Moreover, faculty are encouraged to collaborate on research, not only within the department but also with colleagues from across the campus.
For more information, contact Dr. Shaun Ault, Department Head, by email email@example.com or phone 229-333-5778.
Responsibilities include teaching a 4/4 load during the academic year (Fall and Spring); participating in the development of new undergraduate courses in support of our programs; conducting an active research agenda that leads to publications in peer-reviewed venues; and providing service to the Department, College, University, and regional business community. Some graduate level teaching and service may be assigned.
- Terminal degree at the time of appointment in mathematics, statistics, data science, or closely related field;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
Valdosta State University, founded in 1906, is a comprehensive university with a student enrollment of approximately 12,500. The city of Valdosta is located just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75, is served by a regional airport, and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida. For more information visit https://www.valdosta.edu and for more information about the community visit https://www.valdostachamber.com.
Online application is required and should be submitted by January 15, 2021.
Valdosta State University is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to, minorities, and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Statistics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta