Senior Research Scholar - Director of Research
Senior Research Scholar
Columbia University, School of International and Public
Center on Global Energy Policy
The Center on Global Energy Policy (CGEP) at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA) seeks a Senior Research Scholar to serve as its first Research Director. The Senior Research Scholar /Research Director will be a key part of the Center’s leadership team, working with the Center’s Director to oversee the Center’s research effort -- one that spans the economic, environmental and geopolitical aspects of the current and future energy system. This position will report to the Center’s Director.
- Master’s degree in energy, economics, public policy, foreign policy, international affairs, or national security. (PhD in energy, economics, public policy, foreign policy, international affairs, or national security preferred).
- At least 8-10 years post-degree related work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of energy economics, international relations, climate change, public policy, and related issues as demonstrated through both prior professional experience and academic preparation.
- A proven record of successful engagement at senior levels and the ability to achieve consensus and interact effectively with multiple high-level stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build support amongst partners for better policies, on the basis of evidence-based analysis.
- Proven track record of written research.
For the full job description and to submit an application please visit:
Screening of the candidates will begin immediately and the search will remain open no less than 30 days from the date of posting and continue until filled. For further information, please contact Jesse McCormick, Senior Advisor of Strategy and Operations, Center on Global Energy Policy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Applications from women and individuals from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Business & Management Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Economics Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Professional Fields Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Public Administration & Policy Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City