The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for supporting Marist’s Ellucian Banner ERP and in the development of various software products in support of the College mission. This position will also write, test, document and deliver new software and processes based upon customer requests; develop reports; apply and test vendor delivered patches; and ensure data integrity. The programmer/analyst acts as a liaison with administrative offices while providing user support and excellent customer service.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and/or six years’ experience in the information technology field is required. The ideal candidate should have experience in using SQL, JAVA, PHP or other programming languages with demonstrated success in software development. UNIX skills and shell scripting experience preferred. Knowledge of Oracle database, PL/SQL programming a plus.
Experience with Ellucian Banner software is strongly preferred. Ability to work in rapidly changing technological and team-oriented environment is essential. Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must.
- Work with customers to streamline business processes and realize efficiencies.
- Develop processes, programs and ad hoc reports.
- Act as liaison with administrative offices while providing user support and excellent customer service.
- Work as a team to develop large scale enterprise software.
- Write, test, document and deliver new software and processes based upon customer needs and requests.
- Maintain and enhance self-service applications and portal.
- Apply and test vendor delivered patches.
- Document all related procedures.
- Serve on committees as assigned by upper management.
- Exhibit diplomacy, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Report regularly to senior management on Key Performance Indicators and strategic progress.
- Additional on-call responsibilities as necessary.
About the Department
As a leader in educational applications of technology, Information Technology (IT) offers students, faculty, and staff access to advanced technologies to help promote a strong sense of community. A distinguishing feature of the Marist education is the manner in which information technology is used in support of teaching, learning, and scholarship. This environment creates a strong applied research culture and includes Marist students as young paraprofessionals, which makes Marist unique within higher education.
Marist IT staff come from diverse career and educational backgrounds. Our community of technologists collaborate to support a commitment to excellence with 80 staff members within 15 departments, more than 200 student paraprofessionals, and a 24/7/365 operation. Effort, talent, and commitment are rewarded and recognized within the division both internally by leadership, and externally through numerous industry accolades and awards. No two days are ever the same while working in IT. With our focus on open-source technology and innovation, we are committed to finding more effective and practical ways to use technology to meet institutional goals.
We are looking for excellence, attention to detail, strong ownership of one’s work, and exceptional problem solving and project management skills. If you are a critical thinker with the ability to solve problems independently and as part of a hard-working team, we welcome your application for the Programmer/Analyst position.
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
To learn more or to apply, please visit https://www.marist.edu/careers. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie