Medical Assistant I
The section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is looking to recruit an MAI to be a part of the General Gastroenterology group. This person will have primarily MA responsibilities (performing routine patient care i.e. rooming/vitals).
Serve as Medical Assistant, including, but not limited to:
- Perform routine patient care responsibilities ex. rooming and vital signs
- Note the primary complaint/reason for visit
- Collect patient histories and enter medications into medical record
- Maintain patient and services rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Fulfill clerical responsibilities as assigned, which may include: scan patient medical records; obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information; completing forms/requisitions as needed.
- Education Required: High school diploma or GED and completion of an approved Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA). New employees who are not currently certified, must obtain certification within six months of employment.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.