HLA Technologist I
Performs clinical laboratory testing for the purpose of evaluating the immune status of transplant patient candidates before and after transplantation. These functions includes deceased donor and living donor evaluation and cross-matches with the recipient. All duties and responsibilities are performed in compliance with the government and Baylor College of Medicine policies and procedures, rules, regulations, and codes.
- Performs various clinical lab tests, quality control, and maintenance procedures in the laboratory.
- Performs / manages sample processing and maintain work flow.
- Cleans and maintains Lab Bench and Computer Analysis work spaces
- Maintains patient records and results documentation.
- Utilizes computer appropriately for entry of patient inquiry, specimen inquiry, test results, and quality control.
- Performs reagent inventory, ordering, and quality control.
- Attends continuing education programs and maintains current knowledge in the field.
- Attends all mandatory programs on Universal Precautions, Disaster Plan, Electrical and Fire Safety, Chemical Hygiene Plan, Environment Safety, Biosafety and Hazard Communication Program
- Maintains compliance with wearing PPE and OHSA guidelines.
- Participates in the laboratory’s on-call rotation (24/7) for the histocompatibility testing of all deceased donors.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science or a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Minimum of one year experience in any area of clinical laboratory medicine.
- Physical Requirements: Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds constantly and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
- Physical Risk: This position includes work involving potentially hazardous chemical or biological agents
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston