Licensed Vocational Nurse I
The section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is looking to recruit an LVN I to be a part of the General GI group. This person will have primarily LVN responsibilities (assisting physicians and RN for clinic exams, testings, and scheduling appointments) and communicating with referring providers.
Serve as LVN, including, but not limited to:
- Perform clinical testing and procedures, i.e. capsules, breath tests, and more
- Schedule clinic appointments, clinical testing, and procedures
- Train patients on injections and home testings
- Collect patient histories, completing prior authorizations, creating LOMN, and enter medications into medical record
- Maintain patient and services rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Fulfill clerical responsibilities as assigned, which may include: scan patient medical records; obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information; completing forms/requisitions as needed.
- Schedule & prep colonoscopy/EGD for when patient is in clinic for specific provider assigned
- Communicate with referring providers
- Education Required: High School diploma or G.E.D and graduated from an approved licensed practical nurse/vocational nurse (LPN/LVN).
- Experience Required: No experience required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) by the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Basic Life Support certification (BLS).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.