Medical Assistant II
The position will provide clinical support to the Vascular Surgery division in the McNair clinic. Position will work under the direct supervision of the APP clinical lead. Performs patient care responsibilities and provides clerical/administrative support in the clinic.
- Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs, venipuncture (blood draws), collect specimens, EKGs/ECGs, and POCTs.
- Collects patient history, performs medication reconciliation and enters information in the electronic medical record.
- Notes the primary complaint/reason for patient’s visit.
- Sets up instruments and equipment for Physician.
- Assist with procedures as needed.
- Administer medication under direction / order of a supervising Physician.
- Instructs Patients on general care and medical procedures.
- Maintains patient and service rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, and appointments.
- Conduct patient outreach phone calls and post visit follow-ups.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/or scanning patient medical records, obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Take inventory of clinic supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Sorts and distributes clinic mail and medical records to the appropriate clinic personnel.
- Education Required: High school diploma or GED and completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA).
- Experience in a vascular or podiatry practice.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.