VCU Athletics *Facilities* Grad Asst. 2021-22
Job Code/Title GA - Graduate Assistant Position Number N/A Working Title VCU Athletics *Facilities* Grad Asst. 2021-22 Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Scholarship amounts for grad asst positions vary Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Student Hours/Week Max. 29 hrs Normal work days varies Normal work hours varies Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
VCU Athletics is seeking a Facilities graduate assistant for 2021-22 to help fulfill the VCU Athletics Mission Statement by assisting the facilities and events department.
The graduate assistant will have the opportunity to gain facility and event management knowledge while experiencing the excitement of NCAA Division I athletics.
This position will assist during athletic and non-athletic events, set ups and break downs and after hours coverage of facilities. Graduate assistants should be familiar with facility policies and procedures and risk management practices. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Facilities and Event Management, this position must have a flexible schedule, have a positive attitude toward their job and clients, and be willing to learn and adapt to new situations.
- Attend yearly orientations and sign a confirmation of read policies and procedures;
- Schedule and supervise student staff and interns;
- Coordinate facility projects for Siegel Center, Sports Medicine Building, Sports Backers Stadium, Cary Street Field, Thalhimer Tennis Facility, and others;
- Assist in daily and game day management for intercollegiate athletic competitions, special events, weekly meetings, fairs, concerts, etc.;
- Secure athletic facilities during after normal hours of Monday through Sunday, as well as morning room preparations, including opening meeting spaces and rooms.;
- Learn how to operate all AV equipment in rooms designated for facility management;
- Assist in set ups, breakdowns and turnovers during unusual work hours;
- Event set up equipment include tables, chairs, stages and other related equipment;
- Event set up must be completed in a timely fashion, they may need to be completed in a short period of time;
- Oversee visiting team practices, walk-throughs and shoot-arounds while maintaining facility policies;
- Complete facility walk-throughs and keep track of maintenance projects; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note, this GA position includes office hours, athletic events, and non-athletic events. Some night, holiday, and weekend commitments will be required in addition to regular office hours.
• Admittance into a VCU graduate program;
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a graduate assistant at VCU ;
• Have an interest in athletics, facilities, and/or event management;
• Be reliable, punctual, and have good communication skills;
• Self-motivated, yet able to work in a team environment;
• Must be responsible and accountable;
• Be willing to work in all weather conditions;
• Aware of risk management practices;
• Have a “whatever it takes” attitude;
• Able to lift at least 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time; and
• Be willing to take risks, have a voice, be engaged in all projects and activities.
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 12/01/2020 Remove from posting on or before 06/01/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
All candidates must apply for this graduate assistant position via the VCU eJobs system at www.vcujobs.com. A cover letter and resume must be included as part of this application process.
We ask that graduate students limit their applications to three (3) graduate assistant positions of interest.
Graduate assistant applicants must be admitted to a VCU graduate program to be eligible for this position.
For information about applying to VCU’s Center for Sport Leadership, see https://sportleadership.vcu.edu/apply/ .
An applicant who is admitted to VCU’s Center for Sport Leadership ( CSL ) may receive funding from both CSL and the VCU Athletics Department if they are the selected graduate assistant finalist.
There is one (1) open position within Facilities.
This graduate assistant position for 2021-22 will be open until filled, and review of applications will begin immediately.
For questions regarding this graduate assistant position, please contact Taylor Carlson at email@example.com.
For questions regarding VCU Center for Sport Leadership applications, please contact Dr. Carrie LeCrom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101925 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please list the VCU graduate program to which you have
applied, including the date you submitted your application.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please list any other graduate internships for which you have
or will apply. **Reminder: the limit is three VCU Athletics
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond