CENC-LIMBIC Administrative and Research Coordinator
University Code 34061 University Title Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title CENC-LIMBIC Administrative and Research Coordinator Position Number 582330 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
This position will provide administrative support for the CENC grant by working with the Principal Investigator as well as internal and external stakeholders to assist in the day-to-day administration of the project. The incumbent will be required to facilitate and participate in a variety of CENC support activities including developing and posting materials on the project website, maintaining databases, uploading content into databases, managing and maintaining project listserv(s), event/meeting planning and administration, and coordinating the collection and dissemination of information. They will also assist with project data collection, travel, and miscellaneous research-related tasks (literature searches, manuscript and grant preparation). The successful candidate will be precise, thorough, and reliable and will perform daily tasks with minimal supervision.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Demonstrated effective problem-solving and time-management skills, including the ability to adapt to frequent changes in work assignments, prioritize, and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a diverse environment is required.
• Must have transportation that provides for timely travel between Richmond VAMC and MCV Campus.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Certification in Neuropsychology testing;
• Experience working in clinical trials;
• Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent applicable combination of training, education, or experience;
• Familiarity with research, medical, and rehabilitation terminology.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
• Complete VCUHS orientation and training modules as required for the department & clinical research projects. Conduct applicable clinical activities only as approved & required for each clinical research project.
• Follow all VCUHS requirements for training to acquire and maintain access to VCUHS clinical systems and clinical data.
• Any clinical skill conducted in VCUHS clinical areas requires VCUHS competency verification/documentation prior to performing each activity. Cannot perform any tasks that by state or local law require a license to perform, unless such license is on file and approved by VCU / VCUHS .
• Must maintain all required VCU and VCUHS competencies related to performing research related clinical skills.
• Job duties may include handling, transportation, access to and/or contact with medications and related supplies.
• This position does not require clinical skills that would be subject to licensing.
Anticipated Hiring Range up to $36,000 Application Process/Additional Information
VCU strives to ensure a climate of mutual respect and trust where individuals of differing cultural backgrounds, identities, abilities, and life experiences are embraced, engaged, and empowered to drive excellence and achieve success. Every member of the university community has a stake in and responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive excellence. Every member of the university community should know VCU is a place where they can come and achieve their goals, and that VCU is invested in their success, health, and well-being. During the interview process, please be prepared to discuss your understanding of diversity and how you promote equity and inclusion in the workforce.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8-5 Job Open Date 12/01/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101972 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Pediatrics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Surgery Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond