Assistant/Associate/Full Professor and Director of Student Services and Outreach
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F36940 Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Assistant/Associate/Full Professor and Director of Student Services and Outreach School/Unit School of Business Department Center for Sport Leadership Number of Months 10 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The Center for Sport Leadership combines world-class instruction and real-world experience to create the most prepared, productive generation of global sports professionals. Our internationally ranked graduate program features an interactive learning environment led by a dedicated faculty and complemented by an engaged alumni network and accomplished sport industry stakeholders.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
Specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: teaching in graduate degree program (course preference placed on, though not limited to, Sport Marketing, Sport Business, Research Methods in Sport); management of externship curriculum; management of the graduate assistantship program; program development; and implementation of sports-specific research.
Teaching – 30%
- Teach three graduate level courses per year (on-campus and online)
- Course preference placed on, though not limited to, Sport Marketing, Sport Business, Research Methods in Sport
- Advise on-campus students
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching
Research – 40%
- Establish a strong scholarly agenda, evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals, books, book chapters, and national/international presentations
- Engage in practical/field based research in collaboration with other CSL faculty
- Apply for external funding through grants or other opportunities
Administration/Service – 30%
- Directly oversee graduate assistantship program (approximately 35 students per year)
- Directly oversee the internship program (approximately 35 students per year)
- Develop and foster relationships with contacts in the industry and profession
- Recruit and develop top-level students
- Engage in program development
- Provide service at various levels: Department, School, University, Profession
- Ph.D. in sport management or equivalent degree in a related field
- Demonstrated ability to instruct college students and create an inclusive classroom culture, place students in internships, and provide assistance with student employment
- Evidence of existing or emerging line of scholarly activity
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to effectively interact with students, faculty and staff
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member
- Previous oversight of graduate assistantship or internship programs
- Experience working with historically marginalized populations
- Demonstrated connections to the sport industry
Date Posted 12/01/2020 Open Until Filled No Application Deadline Date 01/04/2021 Proposed Hire Date 08/01/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences, and academic and professional activities will impact your contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
In addition, applicants should submit the following:
- A letter of application
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy – limited to two single-spaced pages
- A statement of scholarly interests – limited to two single-spaced pages
- A statement of diversity and inclusion (describing how you
incorporate diversity into your teaching, research, and/or service)
– limited to two single-spaced pages
Names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references
Applicants should submit through the VCU Jobs website at www.vcujobs.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102018 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you hear about this position?
- VCU Website
- Professional Diversity Network
- Richmond SHRM
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond