Career Development Specialist - (STA006685)
Develops and administers career programming and resources for the students and alumni of a college. Develops internship programs and placement opportunities with major employers.
- Develops and implements programming to educate students about career development and job search activities.
- Conducts development training programs to small and large groups of students and alumni.
- Contacts potential employers to promote placement activities for the college.
- Serves as liaison between employers, faculty, administrators and alumni to advance career opportunities.,
- Advises and counsels students regarding career selection, job searches and internships.
- Oversees the development of new resources.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Masters and 1 year experience
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience
Experience may substitute for education.
Preferred: Knowledge of hospitality industry or experience working in the hospitality industry.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston