Researcher 2 Nat Phys Science - (STA006681)
Provides expertise in support of research projects in engineering. Prepares and edits research papers, proposal, and reports. Performs advanced testing procedures and analyses of data. May prepare samples for testing. Performs advanced testing procedure and performs analyses of data. Makes uses of a variety of specialized equipment typical within area of specialization. May contribute to grant proposal development. Ensures experiments are performed according to specifications. May make recommendations to changes in procedure, processes, or experimental design. Understands and applies broad theoretical concepts. Develops understanding of specialized scientific or engineering field. Develops leadership and management skills.Duties: Assignments are difficult and broad requiring originality and ingenuity. May be assisted by lower level personnel.Supervision: Receives minimal supervision conferring with higher levels only in usual situations.
Bachelor's Degree with 3 years experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Researcher 2 will provide assistance for maintenance of cell cultures and performing microscopy/ flow-cytometry based experiments.
Technical Experience is required in sterile maintenance and culturing of cells, flow cytometry, microscopy, and basic image processing (Image J).
1. Generates and propogates cell cultures, routine mycoplasma testing.
2. Performs routing research assays such as flow cytometry and RT-PCR to validate cultures.
3. Documentation of results.
4. Experience with Image J is an advantage.
5. Flexible work hours is a must.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston