Position System Analyst Full Time/Part Time Full Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
Working under the direction of the Enterprise Applications Manager, the Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting the University’s enterprise software applications and providing support to end users who use these systems as described in the job duties and responsibilities as defined below.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with technology users to define needs and requirements, develops complex custom reports, online information inquires, using best practices and departmental standards.
• Provides technical support through applications problem analysis, trouble shooting, problem resolution and documentation.
• Performs applications management and administration including but not limited to applications upgrades, monitoring, system and process logs, maintains applications security and access, account creation, configuring and testing application functionality, technology evaluations.
• May perform operating systems upgrades, performance tuning and configuratioin for Microsoft Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems.
• Develops and maintains technical documentation, system utilization and capacity reports, process flow charts and utilizes and maintains information in the Information Technology Service Management ( ITSM ) system.
• Provides communications and information sharing, through conducting and attends meetings, emails to the university’s technology community, scheduling and coordinating technology events.
• Develops and maintains training material and provides end user training.
• Must maintain technical relevance with current and state-of-the-art technology trends and practices through self-directed professional reading and presentations, developing and maintaining professional contacts, attending professional development courses and attending functional training of the University’s technology.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field or equivalent combination of education and experience totaling five (5) years in enterprise applications support. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience: One (1) year professional experience
Enterprise applications administration and technical support
Microsoft Windows or Linux Operating Systems
• Application administration and support experience with
• Ellucian Banner System;
• D2L Brightspace Learning Management Systems ( LMS )
• Microsoft O365 – Product Suite
Special Conditions for Eligibility
• Must be available on an on-call basis or to work non-standard business hours to upgrade, perform systems and or support enterprise applications and their users.
• Specialty licensure/certification may be required, as specified by the department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent and effective communication skills both written and verbal/oral.
• Knowledge in the following programming languages; PowerShell, PL/ SQL, SQL ;
• Ability to work with people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge;
• Ability to manage and maintain multiple projects and be an effective team player;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by systems;
• Ability to interpret and evaluate client informational needs and to determine appropriate alternative solutions;
• Knowledge of computer systems analysis and design concepts, methods, procedures, and standards;
• Ability to plan, coordinate installation, test, manage, and modify complex systems and subsystems;
• Knowledge of available system software, computer equipment, and the regulations, structure, techniques, and management practices of one or more subject areas to design complex systems or subsystem.
• Minimal physical requirements.
• Moderate physical effort. May require occasional lifting, handling, pushing, or moving objects up to 50 lbs.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Pay Rate Commensurate with experience Work Location/Campus Center Las Vegas, NM Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS440P Open Date 12/01/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and email address of three (3) professional references in online application, and; 4) copies of transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For more detailed information regarding the position you may contact: Gian “Joe” Gieri at email@example.com. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6254 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Are you a current employee of the university?
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas