University Registrar #605143
The University Registrar provides innovative and forward-looking strategic leadership and direction for academic and enrollment services and the management of academic and student records. Serves as the official custodian of academic records and leads the mission to create, maintain, and protect the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic and education records of all students enrolled at the University, both past and present, by leveraging a thorough understanding of university policies and laws governing the release and appropriate use of student information. Ensures strict compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory agency requirements. Sets the strategic and operational vision, strategies, and tactics to support the mission of the University and Office of the Registrar while collaborating with the Registrar’s leadership team to plan, organize, and manage fiscal and human resources and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- Four (4) years of related experience as Registrar, Associate Registrar, or equivalent position in a regionally-accredited higher education institution
- Four (4) years of leadership, supervisory, and fiscal management experience
- Or a combination of related education and experience
- Advanced education (e.g. Master’s, PhD, EdD, professional certification) in a relevant area
- Six (6) or more years of related experience as Registrar, Associate Registrar, or equivalent position in a regionally-accredited higher education institution
- Six (6) or more years of leadership, supervisory, and fiscal management experience at an institution of comparable size and complexity to Northern Arizona University
- The Registrar serves as a member of the strategic leadership team for the Vice Provost of Academic Operations and oversees the management of the Office of the Registrar (OR), comprised of 21 full-time staff members and an approximate budget of $1.6M.
- The position requires a strong knowledge of and experience with contemporary and emerging best-practices in student registration and records management.
- Oversees employment decisions in the OR and provides substantive input and oversight for performance assessment; allocates resources appropriately across functional areas and oversees resource use.
- Mentors and motivates staff, defines work goals and standards; evaluates individual and team performance on complex work assignments; reviews completed work to verify business and technical soundness, particularly for complex or novel solutions.
- Engages in continuous improvement and change management to ensure continued efficiency in the organizational and team structures of the OR.
Application Deadline: Monday, December 28, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Application review will begin on December 29, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online!
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.