Associate Vice President of Human Resources and Chief Culture Officer
The Associate Vice President of Human Resources and Chief Culture Officer will be responsible for reimagining Chicago State University personnel functions, culture, structure, and policies. They will drive key Human Resources (HR) best practices and initiatives and provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the HR function. Reporting into the Office of the President, the Associate Vice President of Human Resources and Chief Culture Officer will develop and execute the HR strategy for the organization and partner with the senior leadership team to execute on the vision. This position will serve as a thought partner to the President and Operations Team to provide HR advisory services with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, labor relations, learning and development. The incumbent will also oversee the HR team and be responsible for leading, assessing, mentoring and supporting team members to ensure daily HR operations are handled timely and appropriately.
• Develop and implement an HR plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative best practices and policies that will service the full range of CSU’s HR needs.
• Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations.
• Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
• Provide HR guidance on special projects, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design and strategic human capital planning.
• Implement a vision for HR to ensure a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
• Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by refining or creating: compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of CSU.
• Respond to the HR demands of the University; assist in articulating HR policy at all levels.
• Guide the HR team in supporting Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Engagement, Benefits, Policy and Compliance.
• Partner with IT on HRIS and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
• Interact with the State Civil Service System and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts.
• Partner with Legal to ensure compliance & mitigate organizational risks.
• Implement the migration towards automation of departmental functions to increase efficiency and accountability.
• Manage labor relations to ensure a partnership between the University and employee bargaining units.
• Assist directors and supervisors with facilitating professional development among their respective staff members.
• Develop relationships with the employees of CSU and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues. Facilitate integration of diverse workgroups, cultures, and newly acquired assets.
• Coach and counsel management in developing themselves and their teams to achieve improved performance and engagement
• Counsel, coach and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
• Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of the organization.
• Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management
• Role model CSU’s core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all members of the CSU community.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Certifications in HR preferred (SPHR, SHRM-SCP).
• At least 8+ years of progressive HR leadership experience, with 2-3 years leading an HR function.
• Public sector, University experience beneficial.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Human Resources Administration Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Executive Directors Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago