Vice President for Business and Finance
The Vice President for Business and Finance (VPBF) functions as a vital member of the University of Louisiana System President’s leadership team, providing strategic and operational support to the nine ULS institutions. As the System’s Chief Financial Officer, the VPBF bears chief responsibility for financial strategy. The VPBF advises the Provost, Vice Presidents, and other senior leadership on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to financial forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, budget management, and the securing of new funding.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA, and CPA
- 6-10 years minimum experience as a CFO, VP Finance or Controller in a large public or private company ($250 million revenue and 2000+ employees), higher education experience preferred.
- 15 years of total accounting or finance experience.
- Possess financial reporting experience with strong knowledge of GAAP and Internal Controls. Establishes annual operating and capital budgets and monitors actual performance relative to the budgets.
- Experience with either supervising IT personnel or IT experience in managing, upgrading or implementing accounting systems.
- Hands-on ERP Systems Experience (Workday, Oracle or SAP) preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence with the ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance issues.
- Experience in establishing or operating a shared service center for a multi-location operation.
- Experience with managing cash balances and forecasting cash flow preferred.
- Responsible for managing the finances of one of nation’s largest systems of higher education
- Responsible for overseeing and interacting with the investment committees at each member institution to ensure each university has an Investment Policy Statement consistent with Louisiana Revised Statutes and the Louisiana Board of Regents and the Board of Supervisors policies.
- Provide professional counsel and advice on all System finance and other administrative issues. Formulate, administer, and interpret Board of Supervisors policies and procedures relating to finance and administrative activities.
- Coordinate and direct all activities of Business and Finance within the broad scope of authority delegated to this position.
- Provide broad direction and coordination of activities related to the formulation and presentation of annual operating and other budgets to the System President, the Board of Supervisors, the Board of Regents, the Office of Planning and Budget, the State Legislature, and other appropriate agencies.
- Prepare and present, or supervise the preparation and presentation of, various comparative and historical operating data, including regional funding benchmarks, employee productivity, and staffing pattern data, average faculty and unclassified administrative staff salaries, and programmatic expenditures by various institutional classifications.
- Oversee the collection, summarization and presentation to the Board of Supervisors interim quarterly financial reviews and analyses of the System institutions’ operating and other funds budgets. Assist in informing the System President of performance trends and the System’s financial status. Oversee and approve the System’s annual financial statements.
- Provide support to System campuses in the area of business, finance, and facilities
- Oversee the review and recommend approval of contracts and leases between System institutions and other state agencies, external entities, corporations, or individuals, including final review of all contracts requiring the System President's signature as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting and Financial Analysis on the System audit.
- Oversee the provision of support and direction to the System’s capital outlay, operations, and physical facilities improvement. Approve small capital projects and other facility items that need either Board of Regents or Facility Planning & Control
- Prepare, review, or approve Board meeting agenda items relating to endowments, third-party projects, contracts, fees, and other items requiring Board approval.
Priority Deadline is Monday, February 1, 2021, but the advertisement will remain open until the position is filled. For consideration, please email resume with references to ULSHR@ulsystem.edu.
Apply for Vice President for Business and Finance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Executive Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Other Executive Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge