Under the direction of the Compensation Director the Compensation Analyst performs a variety of responsible professional, technical and analytical classification and compensation activities related to the development and administration of the University compensation policies and programs. Essential responsibilities of this position include:
• Maintaining and ensuring consistent application of the University's classification standards for staff positions;
• Evaluating, benchmarking, and market pricing jobs:
• Participating in special studies of problem areas requiring job analysis, job evaluation or similar techniques requiring a broad understanding of compensation techniques, methods and practices;
• Providing counsel for employment offers and compensation actions for employees;
• Providing analytical support and data analysis on projects and human resource metrics;
• Developing and documenting procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements; and
• Providing data input to annual salary surveys.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field with experience in compensation administration.
• Knowledge of HR principles and best practices in compensation including experience with job analysis/evaluation.
• Skill in analyzing employee compensation information to advise management officials on equitable and fair pay practices.
• Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local rules, regulations and/or policies.
• Skill in using excel for compilation, analysis, and presentation of data.
• Ability to conduct research, analyze information and interpret data.
• Skill in presenting analytical findings in a concise format.
• Skill in accessing data using HR information systems.
• Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally while working with diverse populations.
• Ability to tactfully handle sensitive and confidential matters
• Master's degree in related field
• Broad, practical knowledge of compensation techniques and methods as would normally be obtained through receipt of formal training and education
• Experience with compensation management software such as MarketPay or PayFactors
• Professional certification such as CCP
January 4, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Julie Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: November 30, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg