Administrative Assistant II, Counseling Services 998327
Provides administrative support for all non-clinical operations of the Counseling Services Department; including primary oversight and daily management of the Counseling Center’s electronic medical record system, oversight of student appointment scheduling, ensuring superior customer service to student clients, including those in crisis, developing and maintaining efficient office procedures, and monitoring all financial operations for the department. Serves as a primarily liaison to administrative staff in Student Health Services to promote an integrated student experience of wellbeing support.
Serve as the front-line person in the Counseling Center, receiving all initial contact with students, faculty, staff, and parents; this requires a high level of functioning including excellent judgment and sophisticated assessment skills.
- Provide initial non-clinical facilitation/triage in an emergency situation, i.e., provide direction to the next level of support or services, including determining whether a situation requires that a counselor be interrupted.
- Communicates and provides appropriate information to students and parents in accordance with all relevant privacy policies and regulations.
- Oversees coordination of the appointment flow and consultations of patients and clients with counselors, counseling trainees, and psychiatrist.
- Resolves complex, highly sensitive, and confidential administrative matters.
- Plans and coordinates logistical and administrative support for events, meetings, specialized activities, projects, and long-term initiatives in collaboration with the Director of Counseling Services.
- Manages facility needs for the Counseling Center, keys and access, room scheduling, business cards, facilitating communication, etc.
Provide primary oversight of the Counseling Center’s Electronic Medical Record System and coordinate all data management procedures.
- Coordinates data access among various departments including, Counseling Services, Psychological Services Center, Health Services, and Information Technologies to maintain appropriate electronic record management.
- Develops and coordinates electronic medical record practices and protocols with staff in the Psychological Services Center and serves as a liaison to PSC staff and trainees.
- Provides training and support for all Counseling Center staff and trainees for all aspects of the electronic medical record system.
- Runs monthly statistical reports related to student appointments, services provided, diagnoses, treatment plans and other information as needed.
- Develops systems to retrieve data from electronic medical record system to support Counseling Center initiatives.
- Updates scheduling templates and codes in the electronic medical record system.
- Maintain and monitor all confidential client records and Counseling Center files in the electronic medical record system
Collaborates with the Counseling Center Director and department leadership to monitor and maintain accurate financial records.
- Monitors budget expenses.
- Maintain and track inventory of all office supplies, including psychological assessment products and administrative toolkits.
- Prepares payments for accounts payable.
- Maintains master card purchases, monitors transactions, and creates monthly transaction detail reports.
- Prepares invoices for psychiatrist and processes paperwork for payment.
- Submits budget revisions/interdepartmental charges.
Manage day to day office operations and provide overall administrative support for Counseling Services and Health & Wellness.
- Manage and maintain all physical office spaces, including supply inventories, orders, and check-out procedures; student work stations; and office technology and equipment usage and maintenance.
- Manage departmental office records, email, calendars and staff meeting agendas.
- Complete special projects as required to support departmental goals.
Promote and serve as a representative of Student Involvement, Student Affairs, and Xavier University as appropriate and supported by the Director of Counseling Services and departmental leadership.
- Serve as a departmental representative.
- Support divisional teams, committees, and work groups.
- Serve on university-wide teams, committees, task forces, and work groups as assigned.
- Contribute to university-wide and departmental programming and event planning processes as requested.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by December 14, 2020 .
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Counseling Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati