Staff Assistant-Dist Office
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges. We provide more than 80,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is in pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students' success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students' lives.
Reporting to a designated Administrator, the Staff Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of office duties and providing administrative and clerical support of a confidential nature to support the operations of the Offices of the Chancellor and/or Provost. Performs related duties as required.
- Provides front desk coverage in the Office of the Chancellor or Office of the Provost. Responds to inquiries and requests for information from visitors, and directs to appropriate personnel.
- Greets and announces visitors arriving at the Office of the Chancellor or Office of the Provost for scheduled meetings or appointments.
- Answers and directs telephone calls, provides general information, takes messages and routes callers to appropriate staff. Retrieves messages left on voice mail and directs to proper staff.
- Maintains and handles confidential files, records and other sensitive information within the Chancellor's and Provost's Offices.
- Maintains the Chancellor's and Provost's calendars, coordinating appointments and scheduling video conference meetings.
- Provides occasional scheduling support to members of Chancellor's and Provost's teams.
- Supports meeting and events, assisting staff and providing logistical support including arranging for audio and visual technical support, preparing and distributing information materials such as agenda and handouts, scheduling rooms, and tracking attendance.
- Supports and acts as backup for the Chancellor's and Provost's Director of Special Projects, performing a range of administrative duties as directed.
- Handles incoming and outgoing office mail, opening mail and directing to appropriate staff and processing outgoing mail. Assists in sending out mass mailings.
- Prepares and types basic correspondence including form letters, memos, and emails.
- Copies and distributes documents including reports, proposals and presentations.
- Enters and updates data and information into spreadsheets and databases.
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
Reports To: Assigned Administrator
Direct Supervision: None
- Associate's degree from an accredited college
- Three years of experience in an administrative support capacity
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to compose basic correspondence
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago