Manager Grant Accounting
Manager Grant Accounting
3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Manager Grant Accounting
Direct and perform post-award financial administration of grants and contracts, including financial aid reconciliation, financial reporting, and financial record maintenance. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and oversee cash management of grants and contracts. Manage, train, and supervise grant accountants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform post-award administration of grants and contracts. Direct and perform set-up of accounting system for all grant funds.
- Provide grant financial reporting and record maintenance. Work with granting agencies to create reports per agency requirements. Set-up systems to keep records safeguarded and accessible per record retention requirements. Develop and update grant financial policies and procedures that include agency and Collin requirements.
- Perform financial reporting and post-award administration of student electronic funds transfers. Oversee cash management of financial transactions pertaining to student loans, including preparation of student electronic funds transfer/balance reconciliations; work with financial aid to resolve any account issues.
- Prepare and/or manage preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports. Perform monthly reconciliations for each grant fund. Provide cash management of grants, contracts, and financial aid, including preparation of both electronic draw-downs and hard-copy requests of funds from grantor agencies.
- Develop, monitor, and calculate indirect cost recovery pools for the District based on general indirect cost guidelines and individual grant/contract rules or regulations.
- Assist in annual audit and annual budget development for grants and contracts. Assist with preparation of audit schedules, financial statements, and statistical data related to the annual audit and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with the Single Audit section of financial statements and prepared in accordance with Government Auditing Standards, OMB Circular A-133 and State of Texas Single Audit Circular.
- Act as the resource person for grants and contracts during original or revised budget development for the District.
- Interpret external guidelines, review grant expenses, educate grant managers on allowable expenditures, and work with each manager to ensure grant funds are expended in compliance with federal, state, and local grantor agency regulations. Maintain budgetary control of grants and contracts.
- Interact with outside agencies, internal/independent auditors, and financial monitors. Serve as Business Office contact for grant and contract managers.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial policies and procedures for grants, contracts, and student loans to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local agency guidelines, regulations, and circulars.
- Prepare journal vouchers, cash receipts, and disbursement entries, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures, and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of accounting experience directly related to grants and contracts required. One (1) year of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Fund accounting
- Knowledge of grant financial reporting and record maintenance
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control
- Knowledge of financial policies and procedures
- Knowledge of government auditing standards
- Knowledge of computer accounting systems
- Applicable software skills
- Organizational skills
- Researching skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to interpret complex cost recovery rates
- Ability to manage, train, and supervise employees
- Ability to interact with outside agencies, internal/independent auditors, and financial monitors
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $63,027.00 - 72,481.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney