Executive Director, Employee Relations
Job Summary: Leads the employee relations, performance management, employee recognition, and health and wellness programs for the College, including policy and procedural development, measurement of program effectiveness, and compliance with all federal and state laws.
This position will be remote through August 2021. The position will report to the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania campus upon return to our physical campus space. This is subject to change.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience or a combination equivalent
Hiring Range: $72,731 - $92,732
Experience with the Community College culture and the educational mission.
Experience with public labor relations.
Experience with performance management system (ex: Halogen, PageUp).
Job Specific Task List:
1. Develops and maintains policies and procedures related to investigating and addressing complaints and grievances, interacting with external agencies, e.g. the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and maintaining appropriate documentation for individual cases. Maintains effective working relations with faculty and staff, security personnel, attorneys, external investigators, etc.
2. Investigates or oversees the investigation of complaints of discrimination in accordance with College policies and federal and state law. Reviews files, interviews complainants, subjects and witnesses, and prepares reports of findings. Makes recommendations regarding corrective action or other appropriate action.
3. Provides training and consultation to supervisors and employees on employee relations and performance management issues, such as addressing performance deficiencies and rewarding outstanding performance.
4. Develops and administers performance management processes, including the development of performance expectations, effective approaches to monitoring employees' performance throughout the rating period, and conduct of employee appraisals; provides assistance to supervisors in preparing meaningful feedback to employees at the end of the rating period.
5. Liaisons with supervisors to ensure that performance expectations are consistent with the college's values and strategic agenda. Provides assistance to supervisors developing SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-based) goals.
6. Through subordinate staff, administers the performance appraisal system. Identifies improved functionality. Works with consultants, HR Staff and other stakeholders to redesign and implement system changes and upgrades.
7. Administers the college's formal recognition programs; seeks feedback from employees on how to improve employee recognition programs, i.e. conducts surveys and assessments; develops and conducts outreach to advertise college employee recognition programs and initiatives, including presentations to Cabinet, employee organizations, etc.
8. Through subordinate staff and the joint committee, coordinates employee recognition events.
9. Oversees health and wellness programs including but not limited to workplace wellness, FMLA, workers' compensation administration, drug and alcohol prevention and testing, and continuity of operations.
10. Participates on Shared Governance committees to update performance management and employee recognition-related policies.
11. Performs supervisory duties. - (Essential)
12. Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Feb 23, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 28, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Human Resources Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Alumni Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg