3452 Spur 399, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experiencedCompensation Assistant.
Provide support in the day-to-day functions of HR Compensation. Maintain the job description database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the compensation analyst to write and edit job descriptions.
- Conduct salary research and data verification to support the compensation analyst in completing compensation review requests.
- Answer inquiries regarding compensation issues; compose and edit correspondence as required.
- Update and maintain compensation manuals and documentation.
- Collaborate with the compensation analyst to conduct training sessions regarding compensation procedures, policies and processes.
- Create and maintain compensation related files. Scan, index and retrieve various documents into/from employment, personnel and records systems. Manage document archival and disposal of materials.
- Collect information/data as needed to prepare reports and files for internal and external college customers, ensuring all documents required for each process are complete and accurate.
- Review, research and audit reports and employee information for accuracy.
- Contact appropriate supervisors, departments or employees to resolve discrepancies. Correct Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) data as needed.
- When needed, provide coverage for the Compensation team and perform a variety of administrative duties.
- Update the HR Compensation website as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree in human resources management, business or a related field from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related full-time work experience in human resources required.
Two (2) additional years of directly related full-time work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of compensation practices and principles
- Knowledge of Collin College/HR policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Knowledge of customer services principles and practices; proper phone etiquette
- Knowledge of payroll related functions
- Knowledge of electronic files, records and data management systems
- Knowledge of HR data and records retention policies
- Effective interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Strong organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, word-processing, database, email and presentation applications)
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials
- Ability to maintain working knowledge of systems and data requirements
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritize multiple task, projects and demands
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze data; pay attention to detail
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations used in compensation
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $43,315.00 - 49,812.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.