Adjunct Professor, Agriculture
Adjunct Professor, Agriculture
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas, 75098
Since offering its first classes at area high schools in 1985, Collin College has expanded to serve more than 55,000 credit and continuing education students each year. The only public college in the county, the college offers more than 100 degrees and certificates in a wide range of disciplines. Through its campuses, centers, and programs, Collin County Community College District fulfills community and industry needs and its statutory charge by providing: Academic courses in the arts and sciences to transfer to senior institutions; Programs leading to baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees or certificates, including technical programs, designed to develop marketable skills and promote economic development; Continuing adult education programs for academic, professional, occupational and cultural enhancement; Developmental education and literacy programs designed to improve the basic skills of students; A program of student support services, including counseling and learning resources designed to assist individuals in achieving their educational and career goals; Workforce, economic, and community development initiatives designed to meet local and statewide needs.
We are searching for an experienced Adjunct Professor, Agriculture .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in accordance with the schedule of classes and follow the approved course descriptions and syllabi established by the Division faculty and administered by the Associate Dean/Director.
- Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college's campuses or off-site locations and may include evening and weekend programs. Collin College is not hiring for on-line instruction at this time.
- May include Dual Credit courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Master's degree or master's degree with 18 graduate hours in agroecology, agronomy, horticulture, sustainable agriculture, soil science, plant science, botany, animal science, and/or related agricultural science topics from a regionally accredited institution.
Three (3) years' teaching experience preferred in secondary career technical or higher education agriculture program.
Physical Demands and Physical Effort:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
ALL applicants (internal and external) applying for faculty positions MUST attach a copy of their qualifying transcripts.Faculty applications that do not have the appropriate transcripts attached will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Please note, our part-time faculty positions are posted based on anticipated need and student enrollment. This position may remain open during the academic year. If the division has a need for additional part-time faculty for a future assignment and you are selected to continue to the next phase of the hiring process, you will be contacted directly by the Associate Dean to schedule an interview.
Employment Type: Part-time Adjunct Faculty
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $48.82 - 57.44
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney