The position of Assistant Dean for Clinical Informatics/Chief
Medical Informatics Officer UF Health is designed to serve as a
liaison between Information technology in all its facets and the UF
Health physician/provider community. In addition, the role involves
direct supervision of physician liaisons/trainers, as well as
supervision of other system CMIOs/Associate CMIOs.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
Review proposed IT initiatives in terms of their impact on
clinicians at all sites, working closely with both IT staff,
nursing informatics, and stakeholders, while being sensitive to
organizational priorities and fiscal impacts. Create a strategic
plan and road map for implementation.
Working closely with IT staff and stakeholders at all sites, advise
and help to problem solve during project development and execution.
Maintain awareness of current and future projects.
Disseminate information regarding IT initiatives/changes to
Help to prioritize IT projects in combination with clinical and
Liaise with clinical and operational leadership to keep them aware
of ongoing initiatives, achieve “buy-in”, and, as needed, lobby for
Seek feedback from the clinical community regarding the success, or
failure, of implemented IT projects.
Liaise with, and oversee the activities of system CMIOs, and
Supervise physician liaison/trainer group
Maintain at least 10% of time in active clinical practice
- MD or DO degree, followed by an accredited residency.
- State of Florida Medical License
- Membership in the medical staff at the “home” hospital.
- At least 5 years of experience in clinical informatics/IT.
- Ability to assume a UF Health wide approach (no campus bias) in
setting priorities as well as working with colleagues.
- Leadership experience at the department/college/hospital level
in an academic setting or complex health system with an
appreciation of the issues in an academic setting;
- Recognized among a wide variety of peers for clinical
- Certification in Clinical Informatics is a plus;
- Passion for continuing to improve healthcare IT, making it more
intuitive, and less time consuming for clinicians;
- Strong understanding of the Electronic Medical Record and the
associated systems that support clinical care, education and
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships throughout
multiple levels across UF Health;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to broker optimal solutions in the face of varying and
contrary opinions – Excellent “people skills”;
- Ability to confidently present information at various
leadership levels across UF Health;
- Track record of listening to, and working with colleagues at
all levels to produce positive change – preferably a history of
successful work improving healthcare safety and quality;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to participate actively in decision making at all
levels, and then support the ultimate decision whether it was
her/his preferred option. Ability to subjugate personal opinions to
the needs of patients, colleagues and UF Health;
- Ability to serve as a role model for other employees and
colleagues, as exemplified by a positive attitude and consistent
presence at both and future sites;
- Visionary that is innovative and proactive.
Please direct all nominations and resumes to our search partner,
WittKieffer: Hillary Ross and Scott Dethloff, via e-mail, to
Final candidate may be required to provide official transcript to
the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be
considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is
visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of
the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional
credentialing service provider approved by National Association of
Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution
dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity
Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to
apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida
Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon
eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance
with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with
respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic
information and veteran status in all aspects of employment
including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline,
terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and