Adjunct Faculty, Librarian
Posting Number F00626 Position Title Adjunct Faculty, Librarian Internal Position Title Department Library,Testing & Acad. Success Position Type Part-Time Faculty Job Family Adjunct Faculty Job Summary
The College of Lake County is seeking an Adjunct Faculty Librarian to provide library reference and instruction for students and collaborate with faculty. This position will work remotely as the college transitions through it’s COVID 19 re-entry plan.
-Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies from an ALA accredited program.
-Recent relevant coursework or work experience.
-Ability to work at all campus locations (Grayslake, Vernon Hills, Waukegan, Online).
Bilingual in Spanish
Posting Date 11/30/2020 Closing Date 05/30/2021 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates. As teaching needs arise, applications will be reviewed for possible interviews. The number of adjunct faculty hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Adjunct faculty hires and assignments are coordinated by the department chairs.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application can remain under consideration for the academic year. You may check your status at any time by logging into email@example.com with your username and password. Thanks for being patient with the adjunct faculty hiring process.
Pay Rate Per faculty contract. Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week Variable Work Schedule
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None, Presentation Summary of Essential Functions
- Understands reference as a teaching space in which to work one on one with students.
- Demonstrates expertise and uses probing questions to effectively conduct the reference interview.
- Guides students through critical thinking, reflection and independent learning.
- Conducts, as assigned, one on one appointments in an online environment employing a creative teaching style that honors the varied cultural background of our students.
- Promotes awareness of library resources and services to students and faculty.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence with online tools such as LibGuides and LibAnswers.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service skills.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree or higher in Library and
Information Science from an ALA accredited institution?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- * Do you have the ability to work at campus locations
(Grayslake, Vernon Hills, Waukegan, Online)?
- * Do you have recent relevant coursework or work experience?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Availability Schedule
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Dentistry Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake