Assistant Professor of Art Education
Alfred University's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences invites applications for an assistant professor of Art Education (to begin in August 2021) this will be a tenure-track position. We seek a qualified teacher in Art Education to guide a successful and dynamic program, representing a partnership between the School of Art and Design and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. We seek an educator committed to excellence in the field of teacher education who will help students connect theory and practice in the classroom and who brings a current understanding of best pedagogical practices and technology. This position provides opportunities to mentor students and to work with our programs in Early, Childhood, and Adolescent Education.
- Teaching undergraduate courses in Art and Adolescent Methods of Education
- Supervision of teacher candidates in field experiences in local schools
- Placement and supervision of teacher candidates in local classrooms for student teaching
- Teaching an Introduction to the Inclusive Classroom course
- Serving as a liaison to the School of Art and Design for our cooperative program in Visual Arts Education
- Serving as a liaison to cultivate relationships with local schools and Art faculty members
- Pursuing an active program of scholarly inquiry
- Advising and Mentoring students in Art and Adolescent Education
- Engaging in service to the Education Division, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the University, the community, and the profession
- Earned doctorate desired, ABD considered for an instructor rank position.
- Teaching experience in the PK-12 classroom
- Background/experience in Special Education preferred
- Background in college-level teaching and student teaching supervision
- Experience with culturally- responsive teaching with academically, culturally, and economically diverse learners in inclusive classroom settings
- Experience with educational technology
Alfred University, located 75 miles south of Rochester, NY, is a selective and comprehensive university. An EOE/AA employer, Alfred University values diversity, high quality teaching, creativity, global awareness, and inquiry-based learning. Our Education program at Alfred University has expanded to include a thriving off-campus extension program at Corning Community College.
- Application Letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Statement on Research Plans
- Have Three Letters of Recommendation sent to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2021. Official transcripts will be required for employment.
Contact: Search Committee, Division of Education, Alfred University, 1 Saxon Drive, Alfred, NY 14802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . More information at www.alfred.edu
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.