Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor
The Department of Anesthesiology is seeking a qualified provider to:
- Use intravenous, local, caudal or spinal methods to administer sedation or pain medications during surgical and other medical procedures
- Supervise patients and monitor their pain medications before, during and after surgery; offset adverse complications or reactions; record amount and type of anesthesia as well as the patients' conditions throughout procedures
- Determine risk during medical procedures by taking medical histories, examining patients and ordering diagnostic procedures like x-rays and laboratory tests; discuss with other healthcare professionals about the method and type of anesthetic to make patients numb to pain
- Provide and sustain airway management and life support during emergency surgery
- Monitor patients post-surgery and determine when they are stabilized enough to move to another room or go home
- Manage anesthesiological services and coordinate with other professionals to formulate procedures and plans; direct the duties of medical technicians, nurses and other healthcare support staff
- Educate patients and families on post-procedure care and possible complications; instruct on different ways to prevent disease and improve health
The rank of the appointment will be determined by the candidates' credentials and experience.
- Doctor of Medicine degree with anesthesiology residency
- Minimum of three years of experience as anesthesiologist
- Board certified in anesthesiology
- Skilled at epidurals, spinals and ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.