Research Technician III
Center for Precision Environmental Health DNA sequencing core is seeking to recruit a Research Technician to work in production pipelines. The position would principally involve in sample preparation for sequencing across multiple pipelines including DNA preparation, PCR, library preparation for next-generation sequencing, Sanger sequencing and DNA fragment analysis.
- Perform sample production following SOPs.
- Collect, compile, evaluate and analyze data.
- Interpret detailed assay procedures and test results.
- Prepare reagent, solutions, and oligos used for production.
- Update LIMS, sample tracking and project summary using excel sheets.
- Troubleshoot problematic results and provide guidance on improving results to sample submitters.
- Track the inventory for reagents and ensure necessary supplies are stocked.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Master's degree in biological science or equivalent.
- Molecular Biology skills including nucleic acid handling,
enzymatic reaction, PCR reaction, etc.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.