Project Management - Continuing Education
Harold Washington College is currently seeking a part-time Project Management Continuing Education Instructor during the Spring 2021 Semester . If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students' diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students' active participation in their own learning
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students' intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment conveying confidence in every student's ability to learn
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student's academic and professional communities, promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities
- Master's Degree in Business or related field required
- Project Management Professional certification required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.