Building Management Assistant
The University of Colorado Boulder Libraries encourages applications for a Building Management Assistant ! This position assists the Library Building Manager and Assistant Buildings Manager in the maintenance of the inspiring spaces of the Libraries. These spaces house the University Libraries' collections and personnel in addition to serving the students. This position moves, repairs, and coordinates disposal of equipment, furniture, etc. as needed. Builds and maintains inventory lists of furniture. Position will have some involvement with security matters and may supervise student workers. Must be available for some weekend/after-hours work and some schedule flexibility with advance notice.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
- We are a knowledge catalyst. We spark inquiry, discovery, collaboration, creation, and the dissemination of knowledge. We welcome everyone, wherever they are on their educational journey.
- An information-empowered world.
- Include | Empower | Connect | Learn | Inspire
- We affirm diversity and inclusive excellence to be vitally integral to the Libraries’ mission and vision. We strive to model this in recruitment and retention, building collections, and offering services and spaces to develop a receptive social, intellectual, and physical environment for all. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusivity .
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Coordinate the Moving, Rearranging, and Disposing of Furniture and Equipment
- With guidance from the Assistant Buildings Manager, will perform minor repairs, assembling new furniture, reconfigure existing furniture, and dispose of furniture and equipment for the University Libraries (Libraries). Position submits requests in the asset management system for Libraries property. Will work with student assistants to coordinate and schedule moves for Libraries personnel.
Supervise Student Assistants
- Supervises student workers in the Building Management operations. Communicates tasks to student assistants and ensures that work is completed accurately. Supervise security students on Saturday and Sunday.
Maintain Storage Areas
- Regularly reviews and maintains libraries storage areas. Updates and tracks online database of libraries surplus furniture. Maintains database of shelving materials and attic stocks located in Norlin and Distribution Center. Systematically tracks emergency supplies, and requests new supplies when needed.
What You Should Know
This position will work at least one weekend day each week.
What We Can Offer
Salary range for this overtime and benefits eligible position starts at $32,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Inclusive. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- There are no minimum experience or education requirements for this position.
- Colorado residency is required.
- Position holder must be able to lift 50 lbs.
What You Will Need
- Ability to cultivate and advocate for an environment of diversity, inclusion, and respect.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Three to six months related moving and/or construction experience.
- Supervision experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to HRESmail@colorado.edu or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 13, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder