Benefits and Compensation Analyst
About Lesley University:
Located in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley University is highly regarded for its graduate and undergraduate programs in the human arts of education, the arts, and applied social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice and its 6,400 students and 90,000 alumni are empowered to improve and enrich communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance. In addition, we offer significant paid time off, a generous retirement plan, and tuition programs that enable employees and their dependents to expand their knowledge and skills.
Lesley seeks a Benefits and Compensation Analyst, who will have the opportunity to help shape how we think strategically about our total rewards program. This position will play a key role in the implementation and administration of compensation and benefits plans across the University.
The selected individual, reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, will partner with HR team members to build and document workflows and procedures for our benefits and compensation program; act as the program manager for all specialty benefit programs and conduct regular vendor reviews; support benefits inquiries, including disability filing and leave administration; leverage and utilize compensation and benefits survey data platforms to track market competitiveness and alignment with University goals; manage relationships with outside consultants and vendors; work cross functionally to collect and report data across all departments; and assist with employee communications regarding benefits and compensation updates or changes.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years' experience working with benefits/compensation programs and analysis, previous experience in an HR function is preferred
- Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication, analytical, critical thinking, collaboration, and project management skills
- Experience communicating with all levels within a university or organizational environment and with external consultants/vendors;
- Knowledge of various HRIS systems
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to meet the dynamic nature of the institution;
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience effectively using data and metrics to dictate processes/workflows
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail in a high-performing, fast-paced work environment with a sense of humor;
At Lesley University we strive for a supportive and equitable environment where people -- regardless of race, physical ability, age, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other protected personal identities -- can participate equally and fully as their true selves in all aspects of university life. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the fabric of our institution.
A letter of interest, CV/resume, and a statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion through teaching, professional activity, and/or service must be included for full consideration.